Thursday, July 5, 2018

The RCBC Bankard Classic Card: A Review


This was my second credit card. It was offered to me by a good friend from RCBC who helped me bypass the challenges of a then, tiny salary. It was also my first Visa. RCBC has JCB, Visa, and Mastercard available. What I liked most about this card are the very flexible rewards system and the Unli-Zero installment system.


What is it?
This is just your basic, no-frills card. I suggest this card for people looking for their first cards, students, and people just starting with work. It does have a very good reward system. 😄

What does it do?
This card allows you to use RCBC's multiple systems for rewards, installment requests, and loans. I find these to be very helpful in comparison with other banks. Also, RCBC will send you very detailed bills which separate the spending into multiple categories like groceries, medicine, apparel, dining, motoring, and utilities. It also shows the amount billed per category and a total of the year's billed amounts. 😊

How was the experience?
Using this credit card was very satisfying, especially since it was only my second card. RCBC's Unli-Zero installment system allowed me to satisfy my needs (back then, buying more and more scale models and the tools and paint model building needed) while paying at a reasonable rate. It will allow you to divide any amount into 3, 6, 9, 12, or 24 month installments. What I liked most is that a 3 month after purchase installment payment request will not be charged any interest, thus the name "Unli-Zero" and the only additional amount was PhP100 as a transaction fee. 😄

RCBC's system for loans was also very nice. They would call and offer loans. Unexpectedly, I accepted the offer even if I don't usually take loans. After all, the only interest to pay was a little over a thousand Pesos for a PhP35000 loan divided into 12 months of payment. 😊

As for RCBC's rewards system, a point is earned for every PhP36 spent for anything except gasoline, groceries, and medical needs which will get a point for every PhP125 spent. These points can be used for air miles, rebates, vouchers, additional credit, deposits to RCBC accounts, manager's checks, charitable donations, and annual fee waivers. 😄

This card's principal annual fee of PhP1500 can be waived for 4000 points or PhP144000 using the PhP36:1 point ratio. Most of the time, I use my points for air miles which have a points to air miles ratio of 3:1. RCBC's current air travel partners are Asia Miles, Cebu Pacific Get Go, Philippine Airlines Mabuhay Miles, and Air Asia Big Loyalty. The smallest possible points conversion transaction for air miles is PhP500 miles for 1500 points which is earned from spending PhP54000. This results in a Peso to mile ratio of PhP108:1 mile. 😄

With all the benefits of this card, I believe the annual fee of PhP1500 is minimal in comparison to what you get. That, and the monthly promos of course which change continuously and satisfy my need to try new restaurants regularly. Of course, we cannot forget the quality of RCBC's customer service. Not once did I wait for a next available phone agent. I was always answered immediately. 😄😄😄

Requirements?
According to my research, applying for this card will need the usual proofs of billing, income, and identity. Income should be at least at PhP15000 monthly or PhP180000 annually. 😑

How do I get one?
You can apply either (1) through an RCBC branch, (2) an appointed credit card marketing agent for RCBC, or (3) online through the many, many websites that compare (but not review) credit cards. They do work, and I can recommend:
https://www.moneymax.ph/
https://www.imoney.ph/
https://www.ecomparemo.com/

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF RCBC'S FLEXIBLE REWARDS PROGRAM? COMMENT BELOW AND TELL US!

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to comment. I read all my comments.

*All images here were just taken from the internet with the assumption that they are in the public domain. This blog was written with no intention of damaging anyone's public image, just sharing my opinion.

Philippine Credit Cards

2 comments:


  1. Description : The Wells Fargo Reflect Visa Credit Card is light on features, but the 0% introduction APR period makes this credit excellent.
    It’s as long as 21 months offer, is the best presently available in the market, and if you are looking for a credit card that would help you pay down debt or finance a large purchase without being charged interest,
    this card may be worth considering.


    wells fargo reflect credit card review

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cost of renting a similar apartment at Ibeju Lekki and its environ on average is N1,000,000. So, rent paid for such an apartment for 8 to 9 consecutive years will accumulate to the amount you need to own the property now. Thus, anyone presently considering one of the available houses for sale in Ibeju Lekki will find Gracias Residences a wise decision.

    frontier properties

    ReplyDelete

The BDO Diners Club International Card

If you like air miles and love discounts and promos, this one is for you.