Monday, September 24, 2018

The Metrobank Travel Platinum Card

This was my first elite travel card and I have been patiently waiting until I had enough information and experience to fully review it. Actually, no! I have been DYING to review this one. That's how GREAT it is! Those points pay for so much free travel! Thank you, Metrobank!😎😎😎😎😎

What is it? This card is (in my experience), the greatest air miles reward card. Not only is it exclusive but it has the BEST SPENDING TO MILES RATIO! For every 17 Pesos spent overseas and online, you get one mile! If spending locally though, every 20 Pesos spent is worth 1 point. To convert those to miles, a 2.5 points to 1 mile ratio is used. That means 50 Pesos locally spent converts to 1 mile. You can see a comparison of travel credit cards here.😁😁😁😁😁

What does it do? This card, other than earning air miles which can be used with Asia Miles, Mabuhay Miles, or Krisfyler also qualifies you for Metrobank's amazing Cash2Go and Balance Conversion programs. The Cash2Go program is a basic lending program which lets you borrow money from Merobank with your credit limit as collateral. You will pay back to Metrobank in 3, 6, 9, 12, 24, or even 36 month installments. It also charges only minimal interest fees which are even lower than the Balance Conversion interest, giving you the option of borrowing and paying with cash.😄😄😄😄😄

The Balance Conversion lets you convert straight payments to installments which can be paid in 3, 6, 9, 12, or 24 month installments.😄😄😄😄😄

How was the experience? To be short, amazing! This was the card I used for my first Montblanc pen. Here is the story. Also, this card gave me access to the Visa Concierge services (reviewed here). In addition, this card is what I use for my PayPal online purchases, especially with Ebay and Amazon. The amazing PhP17 to 1 mile ratio earns so much points so quickly!😎😎😎😎😎


Requirements? To be blunt, this is a very exclusive card. According to the Metrobank website here, an annual income of at least PhP800000 is needed. This was my first "exclusive" card, as Money Max puts it.😇😇😇😇😇

How do I get one?
You can apply through either (1) a Metrobank branch, (2) an appointed credit card marketing agent for Metrobank, or (3) online through the many, many websites that compare credit cards. They do work, and I can recommend:
https://www.moneymax.ph/
https://www.imoney.ph/
https://www.ecomparemo.com/

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to comment. I read all my comments.

*All images here were just taken from the internet with the assumption that they are in the public domain. This blog was written with no intention of damaging anyone's public image, just sharing my opinion.

Philippine Credit Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BDO Diners Club International Card

If you like air miles and love discounts and promos, this one is for you.