Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The Citi Premier Miles Card: A Review


What is it?
This card is one of the best I have. It will reward you with 1 air mile per PhP30 spent. This is one of the best credit experiences I have ever had. I was rewarded very, very quickly with a free flight paid for by the miles this card earns. I hope you will have the same. 😄😄😄


What does it do?
This card is designed to reward you with travel. You can redeem your air miles with Cebu Pacific's Get Go, PAL's Mabuhay Miles, or Asia Miles. It is also notable that this card is a VISA SIGNATURE which means it will give you more Visa services than a platinum card. One particular thing I like about this is the personal concierge service. More about that below.😄

How was the experience?
Although the single credit limit shared by all my Citi cards meant that I could not maximize this card as much as I wanted to, the perks it grants more than outweighs that. First of all, this card with the use of Dragon Pass will grant me two fee lounge entries. Although you must use those entries for local lounges, I used them for my flights back to the Philippines and accessed the local airport lounges through my other cards. Next, the Signature Concierge service granted by this card helped me more than once. To enumerate, I asked the concierge to (1) find a service center for my broken Acer projector since the lists online are endless, (2) reserve my dinner places both here and abroad, even before I flew from the Philippines, (3) find leather repair services for my torn S. T. Dupont wallet, and (4) avail of meet and greet airport services. It is also possible to ask the Visa Concierge to book your flights, hotel stays, concert tickets, or ocean cruises.

For me, the only catch with using the Visa Concierge is that all things to charge will be charged to the card which grants the Signature status. This did not allow me to spread my purchases among my cards but in the end rewarded me with many, many points for air miles. It is also notable that these miles can be used for more than 60 airlines and can be used to pay for hotel stays which have a good price (including freebies like room upgrades) when booked with the use of the Visa Concierge.

This is the card I use to pay my telecom bills, which I used to pay for with cash. In fact, my first air mile redemption happened only within a few months of getting this card. The ratio of spending to air miles of PhP30:1 air mile is quite good with a minimum redemption of 5000 air miles which can be earned by spending PhP15000.

I really find nothing directly negative to say about this card. 😄

Requirements?
To apply for this card, an annual income of PhP360000 or monthly income of PhP30000 is needed along with the usual proofs of billing and identity.

How do I get one?
You can apply either (1) an appointed credit card marketing agent for Citi or (2) online through the many, many websites that compare (but not review) credit cards. They do work, and I can recommend:
https://www.moneymax.ph/
https://www.imoney.ph/
https://www.ecomparemo.com/

IS THIS YOUR TYPE OF CARD? WANT TO TRAVEL FOR FREE? DOES IT DO THE JOB? COMMENT BELOW AND TELL US!

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to comment. I read all my comments.

*All images here were just taken from the internet with the assumption that they are in the public domain. This blog was written with no intention of damaging anyone's public image, just sharing my opinion.

Philippine Credit Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BDO Diners Club International Card

If you like air miles and love discounts and promos, this one is for you.