Thursday, January 10, 2019

The RCBC JCB Platinum Card: A Review

This was my first JCB card. I was impressed with the access to JCB lounges it gives. I also love RCBC's extensive rewards system and Unli-Zero Installment program.


What is it?
This card is at the highest level for RCBC's JCB card. Like the Classic Card (which is reviewed here), it has a very flexible rewards system that was reviewed here. It allows you to redeem air miles, cashback, and other rewards. To be blunt, once you have this, you're at the top of the pyramid which is described in this article about credit card tiers.😊

What does it do?
In detail, this card is best used in Japan. The Japan Credit Bureau, as the most widely accepted credit brand will give you access to discounts and promos that Visa and Mastercard can't reach.😃

The Platinum status of this card will give you free access to airport and city lounges around Asia, which I found very helpful, especially when travelling through a hub like Hong Kong or Singapore with a long layover. It's always nice to stay in airport lounges. Here is a list of their airport lounge partners. 😄😄😄

This card will also give you access to the JCB Platinum Concierge service. This, in my experience is comparable to the Visa Concierge which I reviewed here. They do a good job with restaurant reservations. 😄😄😄

Requirements?
According to my research, applying for this card will need the usual proofs of billing, income, and identity. Income should be at least at PhP600000 annually. That's a pretty low required number when taking note of the benefits. 😊

How do I get one?
You can apply either (1) through an RCBC branch, (2) an appointed credit card marketing agent for RCBC, or (3) online through the many, many websites that compare (but not review) credit cards. They do work, and I can recommend:
https://www.moneymax.ph/
https://www.imoney.ph/
https://www.ecomparemo.com/

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to comment. I read all my comments.

*All images here were just taken from the internet with the assumption that they are in the public domain. This blog was written with no intention of damaging anyone's public image, just sharing my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. Please share more like that.
    This article is about visa card, what is visa card and how to apply for a visa card
    the visa

    ReplyDelete

The BDO Diners Club International Card

If you like air miles and love discounts and promos, this one is for you.