Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The Citi Credit Card System: Unexpected Differences

I was first offered a credit card from Citibank early in 2018. At first, it was the Citi Simplicity Plus card, so I declined. When I applied for a Mercury Drugstore card, I was quickly approved, but the system was very different from your usual Philippine credit banking system. We can review the individual cards later on. (I promise to)



ONLY ONE BILL
To top things off, Citi (at least here in the Philippines) will send you only one bill per credit cycle. I like that. It's very convenient, especially if you have lots to handle.😊

ONLY ONE CREDIT LIMIT
Unlike other banks though, Citi will offer only one credit limit to be shared by ALL your Citi cards. So the mentioned convenience comes at a price. But it lets you maintain control. 😐

AMAZINGLY FAST REFLECTION
I pay my bills online and I buy a LOT online. Unlike with other Philippine credit banking systems, Citi will reflect everything (at least in my experience) within 24 hours in your online page. 😊

GOOD REWARDS
Citi offers good rewards and they have connections to most of the travel groups like Air Asia and Cebu Pacific Get Go, as well as a lot of discounts and vouchers. 😄

APPROVAL? REQUIREMENTS?
We can cover the requirements of the individual cards later, but I can say that Citi handles card approval VERY nicely and is VERY QUICK to approve credit card applications, even quicker than when I apply with the help of a bank manager. 😄

TO SUMMARIZE...
I am happy with Citi's system. It may be different from the usual credit systems and it may have only one credit limit for all the cards, but I am satisfied, especially when I think of those reward points.😄

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to comment and if you need to reach me personally, leave me a comment saying just that. I read all my comments.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE CITI CREDIT SYSTEM? COMMENT BELOW AND TELL US!

*All images here were just taken from the internet with the assumption that they are in the public domain. This blog was written with no intention of damaging anyone's public image, just sharing my opinion.

Philippine Credit Cards

3 comments:

  1. How are the terms of payment? I mean they should make payments easy for the consumer, especially if bankruptcy is declared. I understand that in order to get this kind of card, you already have a great credit standing but just in case, how flexible is Citibank in terms of interest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Citibank gave me a very good credit offer when I got my fourth credit card in February of 2018. The credit limit was 200% of what I already had. I just think having a single credit limit for all cards isn't worth the convenience. Interest is usually the standard 3.5%

      Delete
  2. As far as I know, there are a lot of great things about having a credit card. As a new subscriber from Citibank credit card, I'd like to ask if this credit card can help me to make purchase? Or even reserve rental cars and book tickets for my transportation? Please understand because this is my first time using cc. I got my cc here and I am hoping to manage it wisely https://www.ecomparemo.com/banks/citibank/credit-cards/citi-simplicity-card

    ReplyDelete

The BDO Diners Club International Card

If you like air miles and love discounts and promos, this one is for you.