Sunday, July 1, 2018

The BDO ShopMore Mastercard: A Review



This was my first credit card and my only one for more than a year. It did what I needed though, and for that I am thankful. In fact, I am thankful for the crazy times I went on buying sprees and was awarded with SM Advantage points.


What is it?
The BDO ShopMore (yes, it's spelled that way) is a card for as the name depicts, shopping. BDO Unibank is a member of the SM Group of Companies and most benefits will come from your SM shopping. It also looks quite nice, and I was proud to say I had my first credit card back then which was color black.😄

What does it do?
Being a credit card designed for the mall-going shopping expert, this card will give you rebates and discounts, especially during the regular SM Three Day Sales. It also comes with a free SM Advantage Card which can be quite rewarding.😊

How was the experience?
Being born and raised with big sisters, I was well armed with deep knowledge about shopping when I got my hands on this card. This card really enhanced my shopping experiences when I would quickly look for new office clothes because of a coffee spill (which happened on one of my favorite shirts. It was a Van Heusen) or when I wanted to try my luck in the SM sales (Sales which found great buys, especially in the Surplus store where I found M&S coats). It felt good knowing that all I spent would somehow return in the form of SM Advantage points which could be used later. Also, there were additional SM Advantage points when I paid using this card. Quite useful, especially when the ATM machines were offline and I couldn't get cash so had to pay using SM Advantage points. It was a very good experience, one I will treasure.😄

Requirements? Awards?
If you want this card, one website that compares (not reviews) Philippine credit cards says that you need a monthly income of at least PhP15000.00 to qualify. The BDO website says that you need a gross annual income of at least PhP180000.00. Other than those, there are only the usual requirements of proof of billing, proof of income, IDs, and pictures. There are no reward points for this card though, all the rewards are with the SM Advantage card. This was great though, especially since SM Advantage points could be used in Shell gas stations, which became my primary source of SM points.😊

How do I get one?
You can apply either (1) through a BDO branch, (2) an appointed credit card marketing agent for BDO, or (3) online through the many, many websites that compare (but not review) credit cards. They do work, and I can recommend:
https://www.moneymax.ph/
https://www.imoney.ph/
https://www.ecomparemo.com/credit-card

DID YOU EXPERIENCE USING A BDO SHOPMORE MASTERCARD? DID I MISS ANYTHING? SHARE YOUR OPINION DOWN BELOW!

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to comment. I read all my comments.

*All images here were just taken from the internet with the assumption that they are in the public domain. This blog was written with no intention of damaging anyone's public image, just sharing my opinion.

Philippine Credit Cards

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping people get the information they need. Great stuff as usual. Keep up the great work!!! business cash register

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! credit card processors

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you use your shopmore card online? like shoppee or lazada?

    ReplyDelete

The BDO Diners Club International Card

If you like air miles and love discounts and promos, this one is for you.