Monday, August 20, 2018

Product Review: Montblanc Tribute to the Mont Blanc Le Grand Fountain Pen

I bought my very first Montblanc pen using my Metrobank Travel Platinum Visa. Here is the story. This article though, is an in-depth review of the pen which is very much deserving of our attention as a premium product, the kind we use credit cards to buy. In fact, I bought this Black Knight just to hold it on my desk. Maybe I need a new mouse pad though. Look at that peeling.

What is it?
This is no ordinary pen. This is a fountain pen with a nib made of Rhodium-plated 18k White Gold and the front section made of Platinum-plated White Gold. It uses a piston system to take ink into the barrel, so unlike with pens that use converters to hold ink, you only need to turn the back end counter-clockwise while the nib is submerged in ink. Even greater, the front section is laser-engraved with the several peaks of the German Alps with of course, Mont Blanc as the highest.

Why buy it?
This pen not only features the most exclusive and elite brand of pens but is also part of the Tribute to the Mont Blanc series of limited edition pens. These featured the laser engraved front section and a Montblanc star cut from Snow Quartz stone.
In and of itself, the packaging showed a very nice black tote bag and for a pen, a huge box with a pillow just for the pen. I like that. It's a nice demonstration of how special this pen is.




The pen itself rests on a pillow inside a white leather display box which also includes the printed manual and a booklet about the Tribute to the Mont Blanc limited edition series. It writes very smoothly with not even the littlest sign of scratching. I love how this pen writes so well, it can write on surfaces that you won't usually write on with a fountain pen.

For the pen's writing details, this is a medium nib. As a result, your hand pressure will be the biggest factor in deciding how much ink flows, even more so because of the gold nib which is much more flexible than a steel nib. Ink flows freely and there is a nice line variation. The only problem I encountered is how freely the ink flows. As a result, you need very absorbent paper.

Transaction details

In and of itself, this costs PhP69000.00. I bought this in the Rustan's Department Store in Makati using my Metrobank Travel Platinum Visa. Thankfully, the payment was divided into 24 separate billings. I can therefore say, from my personal experience, Metrobank gives excellent Rustan's payment terms.

Conclusion
I can say that I am very pleased with this pen. It is very heavy, and I enjoy using a heavy pen. To be short, it is an empowering emotion. It feels like your signature will decide so much, if not the fate of the world.

Aesthetically, I am not only pleased. I am amazed. The white color which contrasts most fountain pens was the deciding factor for me together with the laser engraved front section. The fact that it is white sets it apart from others, doubly so because of the Snow Quartz Montblanc Star. I have nothing negative to say.

WAS THIS A GOOD BUY? DO YOU THINK THE PRICE IS WORTH THE INVESTMENT? TELL US IN THE COMMENTS!

If you want tho get a card for yourself (maybe to buy your own Montblanc), you can apply at one of these websites. I did, and they all work!
https://www.moneymax.ph/credit-card
https://www.imoney.ph/credit-card
https://www.ecomparemo.com/credit-card

Thank you for reading my blog. Feel free to comment. I read all my comments.

*Some images here were just taken from the internet with the assumption that they are in the public domain. I took the photos of my pen though. This blog was written with no intention of damaging anyone's public image, just sharing my opinion.


Philippine Credit Cards

1 comment:

The BDO Diners Club International Card

If you like air miles and love discounts and promos, this one is for you.